Cloud is not just a natural form of smoke. It is also the most hyped term in the IT industry right now. Everyone is talking about cloud and vendors all cloudify their products and service offerings. In the area of operating systems this is also happening and a cloud OS is simply a simplified operating system that runs just a web browser (at least that is one definition of it), providing access to a variety of web-based applications that allow the user to perform many simple tasks without booting a full-scale operating system. Because of its simplicity a cloud OS can boot in just a few seconds. The operating system is designed for Netbooks, Mobile Internet Devices, and PCs that are mainly used to browse the Internet. From a cloud OS the user can quickly boot into the main OS, because it is possible to continue booting the main OS in the background while using a cloud OS (at least this is the goal).
CloudBrowser is a web browser within a browser that allows users to log in to the company’s platform from multiple computers while saving the state of their interface to the company’s data storage centers in the cloud. iSpaces runs on any Windows or Linux computer, with Mac coming soon, creating a virtual desktop that simplifies users’ everyday life by eliminating the need to reopen numerous browser tabs and web applications.
2) Zero PC
ZeroPC provides deep integration with popular Web services to deliver a complete, integrated “social desktop” experience. Using ZeroPC’s account manager tool, you can easily sign-in and access many popular Web services such as Facebook, Twitter and more. A familiar ‘drag & drop’ process makes it super easy to copy and paste content from one service to another.
3) Eye OS
eyeOS Includes 5 powerful applications out of the box thought to be simple and easy to use: Word Processor, Calendar, Mail Client, Spreadsheets and Files Manager.
Cloudo is a free computer that lives on the Internet, right in your web browser. This means that you can access your documents, photos, music and all other files no matter where you are, from any computer or mobile phone.
Jolicloud brings all the benefits of cloud computing today, making your netbook the natural extension of all your other computers and mobile devices.
6) CorneliOS – Is a web based OS (aka “Web OS“) that runs in your web browser. All applications and files are stored on the CorneliOS server and are accessible all the time and anywhere. CorneliOS is platform and browser independent and is available as free Open Source software under the GPL as well as under a commercial license.
7) Apple iCloud – iCloud stores your content so it’s always accessible from your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac, or PC.* It gives you instant access to your music, apps, latest photos, and more. And it keeps your email, contacts, and calendars up to date across all your devices. No syncing required. No management required.
8) Glide – Glide OS 4.0 is a comprehensive Ad-Free cloud computing solution. Glide provides a free suite of rights-based productivity and collaboration applications with 30GBs of storage. Setup and administer up to six family member accounts including child accounts from your Glide settings panel. The Glide OS provides automatic file and application compatibility across devices and operating systems. With Glide OS you also get the Glide Sync App which helps you to synchronize your home and work files.
Recommended Post for you: Online Storage: Test and Compare The Latest Products
9) ZimDesk OS – ZimdeskOS is your computer on the web – the entire functionality of a PC – online. A web browser and internet connection are all you need to access your desktop, files and favorite applications. You can access your data anytime from anywhere, from any PC.
10) MyGoya – Online OS with several useful features. Share Manager, File Manager, Chat etc…