We can use a hammock inside and outside the house, but the best way to use a hammock is to have a garden. You can lay down to read, or take a nap, or relax or watch the sky and enjoy the wind… If you have a garden, then it is a good idea to make a hammock for your family, especially for your children.
The hammock is not simple just to lay down and rest, it will give you special moments when you and your children lay down together and you can talk or tell them your story or teach them about life, when they grow up and move out of the house, they will always miss those memories of the hammock in their childhood. If your garden does not have any trees or posts then you can make a wooden hammock stand. So today we will instruct you how to make a wooden diy hammock stand.
Please read below:
Eight 8’2×4 light wood panel
Four ½” diameter, 8” long bolts
Six ½” diameter, 8”long bolts
Ten 1/2” screw nuts
Ten ½” roves
Circular saw machine
Wood drilling machine
½” paddle bit
20 deck screws
– Step 1: put down 2 8” wood light panels parallel to each other. Use wood drilling machine to drill one hole of 6 inches from each end.
– Step 2: On two other 8” wood light panels, drill 1 hole of 4” from one end for each wood light panel. Then bolt 5 wooden pieces with 12” bolt and add the nut and the washer. Do not tighten so well because you still need more wooden pieces.
– Step 3: You need to make an angle of 120. When you have the angle you need, please saw another 8” wood light panel in half to make an abutment at each end. Use 2 roves for each abutment and tighten the 12” bolts through the space and add the 8” bolt on the wood.
– Step 4: Cut 8” light wood panel in half for the leg. Put the hammock straight up and tighten the legs with deck screw
– Step 5: Tighten the 8” bolt through the light wood panel for the hanger if you want the hammock 4” off the field. If you do not have the S hooks when you buy the hammock, you can go to the shop to buy them.
– Step 6: Bind up the bolts and hang the hammock.
Now you have a perfect diy hammock stand with a cheap price. If you have 2 children then you should watch out for the weights of them, because you cannot let 3 persons lay down together on the hammock, this will tear the hammock apart and hurt your children. Remember to move your hammock inside the house every time it rains, or you just demount the hammock and leave the hammock stand in the garden, it is ok if the hammock stand is wet for the rain.
If you buy good wood then it will be fine if you let the hammock stand wet many times. Now you have something to rest with your children and you can have many memories with the hammock and when your children grow up and leave you, you still have a something to remember about your children.